Apr 11, 2010

Ham-Sa (I am That)

I am not the peace of the Lotus

Nor the pride of the Oak

I am just the way I am, a secret untold.

I am not a perfect blossom of cherries under a misty moon

Nor the cry of wolves into the night as fears bloom.

I am not made of laughter nor am I made of tears

I am just this moment, be it what it may be.

I am not Light nor Darkness but somewhere in between

Where the winds whisper to Fire and Water.

I am not a butterfly nor am I the flower

But it is there that I dwell, in their longing for each other.

I am not the steady rock or the moving river

But I am the way they rub

Against each other and make the song of the stream.

Now you may judge or you may laugh but still

I will become all I can be

For I am this and I am that

My truth is not found in answers

And I just want to seek.

6 comments:

  1. Rare are those moments when you read a poem,
    and u say to yourself: "i wish I Wrote it" and this one of those moments.

    6 months of not posting were worth the waiting.
    Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pascal,am touched by ur comment.Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u Eliane for leaving this sweet note :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy, is what your writings bring to me.. as usual, amazing lovely poem.. Love it.

    ReplyDelete