Apr 21, 2010

New life, Old death


Somewhere, far from here

Cherries are blooming,

The spirit of a samurai still repeats

The last Haiku written

At season’s end, that year.

Somewhere, not here, the cherries blossom

Still, I smell them, over here.

My window, the landscape’s frame.

In a corner, a pale moon sheds a soft light,

A soft kiss,

On the belly of the brook.

It swims, there, flat on its back and slowly moves;

The current is Time.

A season delicate as a frail wing,

As a sole petal in the wind.

Silently, Life has formed

In secret darkness,

Today it pushes away the dirt, breaks the cocoon,

The slumber of the bear ends.

A new life awakes from an old death.

Like them I wait in this darkness

For the last rain to wash away

The color of winter on my heart.

Earth swells with the smell of all that waits to sprout.

And a dream still clings, stains the skin of my life;

Someday it will wake into Light.

Far away the cherries bloom I am sure

With closed eyes I smell them here

And it is thus that I still believe

In the beauty of my dream.

4 comments:

  1. Calm and peaceful.. this poem took me to a beautiful place, so calm, as soft as a lover's touch at sunset, as peaceful as a nap between the lover's arms.. Rare those writings that gives me this mood and take me to wonderful places where i can fly and dream, close my eyes and meditate, but most of your writings do! I love what u write, as soon as i knew you write something i run to it, as a child run to his new gift. Write more, write more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dany...it s a smile that starts slow at the corner of lips and becomes wider and wider to light the whole face, the whole day...that s how ur comment is:) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and Maeiva strikes again,

    this time with words aimed to hit the heart.

    Silently i read and silently i remembered wounds i thought they were healed by time,

    but most of all i still managed to smile when i reached the last two lines.

    I am waiting for an Arabic poem...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pascal, thank u again and again:D I am happy you had a smile by its end. will give arabic poems a try, or maybe cheat and post an old poem :D but u gota promise not to regret asking that :P

    ReplyDelete